Friday, November 12, 2010

“In the end we retain from our studies only that which we practically apply.” Johann Wolfgang von Goethe




I do all my studying in my room. I am unsure of any outside places to study other than the library. However, I have not been there to study yet. In the dorm we have nice desks where I keep all my books and stay organized from each class. This is where I like to study because it is my own and I am able to find everything I need right away. I do not have to worry about forgetting anything, because I am right here and have everything I need. At my desk I have an organizer where I keep my pens, pencils, highlighters, and sticky notes. This helps me stay organized so when I am looking for something specific to help me study it is right in my reach. I use the drawer in my desk to keep all my notebooks and folders orderly. I have three piles of them one for my Monday/ Wednesday classes, another for my Tuesday/ Thursday classes, and the last pile for all my miscellaneous notebooks and papers I have. This keeps me ready and in line for each class.

The reason I like to study at my desk is because it helps me focus on what I need to do. I have all the resources I need, my books, notes, and my computer to look up questions I have. It makes me think of being in an actual classroom, since I am sitting at a desk. It is where I keep my center of attention while I am studying and doing my homework. 

No comments:

Post a Comment