Saturday, November 20, 2010

"The best example of leadership is leadership by example." ~Jerry McClain


photo.php.jpg
         In high school I was very involved in extracurricular activities. I was the vice president of my class my junior and senior year. I also took part in LINK Crew, upper classmen who help the incoming freshmen get use to being in high school. I was involved in this organization all four years of high school. During my senior year I was elected to be the co-commissioner along with another student. This was the time in my life where I was a true leader. There was a specific time when we had to organize a haunted house in just a few weeks. I had to step up and lead about thirty people and arrange a great program. I split the group up into four different groups each specializing in a certain activity. When the day finally came I led the set up and everyone came to me with questions or concerns. During the haunted house I was very proud of the turn out. Every freshman that showed up loved what we did for them and had such a fun time. By then of the night I felt very accomplished in everything that happened. Even though it was very stressful throughout the planning process we all had so much fun!
      Throughout the year we put on a different activity every month. And when the year was over we were complimented on how hard we worked and what an amazing year we had. It felt wonderful to get such an admiring comment. Even a few of the freshmen asked how they could become a part of LINK Crew. This meant that they had fun at the events we put on and wanted to be apart of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment