Saturday, November 20, 2010

“Life is my college” -Unknown

A difficult situation I have been in this semester is getting use to living on campus. I have never been away from home for a long period of time; so living on campus has been quite a change for me. I have handled it a bunch of different ways. One way is that I go home every weekend. This is because, since I am the baby of the family, it is weird for my parents to have the house all to their self. I like going home because it is like having a vacation from school. This helped me ease into getting use to living away. At first I would leave Thursday and come back Sunday night, but now I come home on Friday and come back Saturday night. I am now comfortable with staying at school. I was lucky enough to get a great roommate and have not had any problems so far. We have a lot of fun together and have very similar personalities. We get along magnificently, which makes my experience so much better. Another way I got use to living on campus is making my room feel like home. I brought a bunch of things from my room and house to remind me of home. It is nice to have a few things that remind me of home. I picked going to Southern Connecticut State University because it is only less than an hour away from my house so it is easy for me to come home whenever I want. 
Hickerson Hall

No comments:

Post a Comment