Friday, October 29, 2010

"The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page." -St. Augustine


This week my friend, Rachel, and I went to my friends’ college, Bryant University, to visit. This was a new experience for me because I am not use to going away for the weekend with just a friend. My parents are pretty strict and would never usually let me go anywhere without them or knowing exactly what I am doing. I am the youngest in my family so they are they still think I am just a little girl. My father is a police officer and only thinks of the negative things that can happen. Since my dad tells me all the things that go on, I have always been a “worry wart”. So I was a little nervous for us to drive two and a half hours on our own to get there. Neither of us knew where we were going exactly, although we had our GPS, we were not familiar with the area. I was also a little nervous because I have never driven with Rachel before and one of my biggest fears is being in a car accident.
All my nerves were subsided when we finally got there. We had no problems getting there and I was completely comfortable with Rachel’s driving. The weekend was a lot of fun! We were reunited with a few of our high school friends that we have not seen in a while. We also made many more new friends, and had the best time ever! My parents saw how responsible I was that weekend and now this weekend they are letting me go to Uconn. I am very responsible and know I will be fine I am really into competitive dancing, so during February to April most weekends I would have a dance competition and would be with my family. Going to different places each weekend has really opened me socially. I feel like I have more freedom and finally feel like an adult. I am glad I had this experience and know I will have a lot more like this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment