Friday, October 29, 2010

"Education is... hanging around until you've caught on" -Robert Frost

I was lucky enough to only have two midterms, including our Inquiry video project. My other midterm was in my western civilization class, although I did not do too well on that. Since my grade on my exam was not as good as I wanted it to be my grade in the class is not up to my expectations. I have a C+, which is passing, but I am not satisfied with this. My grades on my quizzes are excellent, but the exam messed everything up. I understand that I did not study as much as I should have and my grade is the result of that. However, I have A’s in English and Inquiry, which I am very happy with. I know I have been working hard with all the assignments in these classes and my grade reflects my efforts.

I am not good at taking tests and that is definitely a downfall I have. When I have to write a paper or do some type of project I get more into my work and put more effort into the work. I get very nervous when I have to take tests and quizzes, and I freeze and forget some of the material. What I need to work on is studying harder and longer. I get bored easily and get distracted during the time I set for studying. Since I know my grades I know what classes I really need to work harder in. I am now willing to set aside more time for studying rather than socializing. By doing this I will get the grades that I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment