Sunday, October 24, 2010

Getting the Grade

 

The grade inflation that is going on in different school is unjust. If there are students from different schools who have the same grades without inflation, it is not fair to the student who is working just as hard but does not go to a school with grade inflation.

I believe that high school and college students are studying less, because having a high school or a college diploma means nothing today. Since it is like that, I feel students aren’t applying themselves because it has become a necessity to finish high school and college. When you go beyond getting a bachelors degree and going to get your masters or doctorate, is what jobs really look at. I think that is one reason that students’ grades have been decreasing in American education.

I know from my own experience I am putting the same amount of effort into my college work as I did for my high school work. I took mostly honors classes in high school and now I feel that my classes now are just a little bit more complicated than that. I know that when it comes down to it I will apply myself and get the grades I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment