Friday, October 8, 2010

"A blog is merely a tool that lets you do anything from change the world to share your shopping list." -Unknown



To me a good blog post is about being creative and being able to connect with the reader. By being creative the writer should include things that can help us know them as a person. They can do this by their choice of words, pictures they use, or the title of the post. They should also be creative by the pictures they choose and where they place them throughout their post. When I see an interesting picture in the beginning of a post I become intrigued and want to read to see what this has to do with their post, or after I read a post it is nice to see a picture to wrap up the post. Another thing that can grab my attention is the title of the post. A good title is always a good way to attract people, if you have an interesting title, that will make the reader think, they are more willing to read what you have to say. I try to use pictures that wrap up my post and show a little something that I wrote about. I also like to title my post with a quote that has to do with the topic I am writing about. It is fun for me to look around and find all the different quotes that have to do with one topic, it is interesting to me so I feel others would be interested too.

I feel the most important aspect to a good blog post is connecting with the reader. If you can write about something that someone else has gone through, they can relate to you and feel comfortable. I enjoy dancing so right away Kaitlyn’s blog grabbed my attention. I felt a connection with her because of our similar interests. A good blog post is what you make of it; you should have fun writing it and put a little bit of yourself in each post. 

No comments:

Post a Comment