Thursday, September 30, 2010

“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” -Bill Shankly


I went to the football game on September 23rd and had so much fun! My friends and I met up in my room and got our Southern Connecticut State University attire on and decided to paint our face. My roommate, Tori, painted half her face blue and the other half white and had glitter lines under her eyes; while my friend, Rachel, and I just put the glitter lines under our eyes. We took pictures before the game and played music to get us pumped!

When we got to the game we met up with a few of our friends and had some fried dough and french-fries they were giving away to the students. That was awesome that the school gave us free food just for coming to support our team.
We finally made our way to the bleachers and got a list of cheers that were going to be said throughout the game. The funniest part is that the students cheering overpowered the actually cheerleaders cheering, which gave us even more amp to cheer louder. During the game they threw free t-shirts into the crowd and some of my friends and I caught them, we were super excited. And after every touchdown we made the cheerleaders threw little plastic footballs into the stands and my friend Rachel caught one without even noticing.

During the game we all cheered and had such a fun time. I am not into sports and do not understand football one bit, but being at the game was so much fun, the energy in the crowd was tremendous! I will definitely be going to every football game.

No comments:

Post a Comment