Friday, September 17, 2010

"They who dance Find infinite golden floors Beneath their feet." - Marjorie Allen Seiffert


This week has been the best week so far during my time here. On Wednesday I attended the club fair and saw all the different activities that are offered here at Southern. My first reaction was amazement; when I first walked to the club fair I could not believe how many clubs there were available. I knew that there would be something there that would catch my attention. The first thing that I signed up for was a dance team, SPDC. I have been dancing all my life and help my sister with her dance studio, so now that I am off at college I miss dancing almost everyday. So that is why I was ecstatic when I saw this club. They had auditions that night that I attended, and I hope that I will make the team because I had so much fun! Everyone there seemed so welcoming and nice. I enjoyed being there because everyone surrounding me loved dance, and that made me feel comfortable. Dance has always been a thing I do when I start feeling crazy emotions, whether I am stressed, sad, angry, or even excited. I use dance as a way to free my mind from these feelings and express myself through dancing how I am feeling. I am excited to get involved in this club!

Another club that sparked my interest was the Habitat for Humanity. I think this will be a great way to help people less fortunate. I am very lucky to have such a giving family and am fortunate that they have provided me with so many luxuries throughout my life. I think that everyone should be able to experience the same type of giving that I was exposed to. By joining this club I will be able to help build homes for those who do not have homes. I love getting the feeling of accomplishment when I help others out. I am excited to attend the first meeting and seeing how I can help!

No comments:

Post a Comment