Saturday, September 11, 2010

“Life's challenges are not supposed to paralyze you, they're supposed to help you discover who you are.” Bernice Johnson Reagon


College comes with a lot of responsibility. It is the first time that I have been away from home, and have to rely on myself to get things done and be productive, because there is no one here telling me what I should be doing or how to use my time wisely. That is the biggest challenge that I have faced while being her at Southern. In high school I had a set routine: wake up, go to school, get home, do my homework, eat dinner, finish my homework, and finally go to bed. This year it is different because everyday I need to have a different schedule, which I haven’t figured out yet. To be honest, it really has not hit me yet that I am in college! I know that once I finally realize that there is work to be done, I will get on a set schedule.
One thing I could learn from this is that I need to become more organized. At home I am a very messy person, but when it comes to school I am usually very organized, so it is very weird that I am not getting organized now. It is important to get organized so I will be in a good environment to create excellent study habits. I know I will be able to get organized once I get into the swing of things. I have been reading online how to become more organized thinking that by reading these articles it will click that I am here to stay and need to prepare for each day of class days before and not the night before. When I rush to do things, I do not put in a hundred and ten percent, when I know I could. But I need some help, what are some ways that you stay organized?

No comments:

Post a Comment