Saturday, September 4, 2010

College is the best time of your life!

When I first think of college, I automatically think of the school aspect; learning new subjects and deciding what field i want to further my knowledge in and gain a career in. However, college is a lot more than that. The full college experience is not just to further your education, but to open your mind to new ideas and expose your self to new people. While this occurs you will learn things about others and yourself.

Going to college will accomplish a plethora of opportunities for your self. You will be able to have the ability to manage your time carefully, become more independent, and to get a career that will keep you financially and mentally stable. Being able to create your own schedule gives you the power to spend your time the way you want to spend it; this will allow you to manage your time to what fits your interests. Personally, I like to be able to sleep in, have my classes a little spread out, and to have my nights free; when I signed up for classes I kept all these factors in mind and realized that I had to give myself time for homework, projects, or any other activities that I would partake in this semester. By doing all this I have become more independent. I don't have anyone holding my hand telling me that I have class or need to do my work. I will be responsible for my own actions and receive any consequences  I deserve. This will all pay off when I graduate and will be able to pursue a career that interests me and will make me happy in years to follow.

Academically, college will give me the right resources that will allow me to go out into the world and create a life for myself. I will be able to have the knowledge of many different subjects that I will use in everyday life. Socially, college will let me experience how it is to meet new people and make the right judgment when meeting them. I will also have the ability to know how to make a good impression on people when it is needed. Personally, college will make me more independent and responsible all together. I will be able to live on my own and provide for myself, which is a great feeling to know I will gain that ability just by going to college.

1 comment:

  1. Can you put your name somewhere so I know who you are when I read down the list of Blogs?

    ReplyDelete