Friday, October 15, 2010

"We dance for laughter, we dance for tears, we dance for madness, we dance for fears, we dance for hopes, we dance for screams, we are the dancers, we create the dreams." -Unknown


In one of my older posts I talked about the dance club, the Symphonic Pulse Dance Company. This dance company interested me because I have danced my entire life and not dancing for the majority of the week was devastating. When I found out I missed the Southern Connecticut State University Dance Team, I was upset, but then I saw the signs for this new dance club. I decided to go to the auditions to see if it was something I would be interested in; well I knew I would be, I was going to be dancing! I made it onto the company and started about two weeks ago.
At first I was worried because my sister has always been my dance teacher and she has a very unique style of teaching. I was worried that I would not be able to catch on to the choreography as I normally do. We started learning a dance to Thriller; it was different for me at first because the dance is inspired by African dancing. I have never taken any classes in this subject before, so I was a little bit intimidated. We still have not finished learning that dance yet but I feel comfortable with the choreography and am willing to work hard on things I do not get right away.
For the homecoming parade this weekend we are performing to Fame. This dance is more my style of dancing, it is a jazz piece that is a lot of fun! We are starting off the dance with a little bit of acting and free style. I was super excited when I they explained this to us because I can put a little of my own personal style into the dance. I am excited to perform this at the parade because it will be our first performance with everyone on the SPDC team! 

No comments:

Post a Comment